[Jacob-list] Re: New jacob owner

CATE De SHAZER windsox at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 5 23:17:20 EST 2003

"...and would like some advice on picking my first few sheep....."

I too am setting up to accept jacobs into my life.  You are right - I feel
so good with the support I see on this forum.   My tiny group will be living
on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington state - with the help of this forum
- we will learn together.

http://www.jacobsheep.com/starttop.htm   ---- is the website of Swallow Lane
Farm and is the website of the breeder I will be buying my jacobs from.
They have been very helpful and this section of their website answers a lot
of questions.

 They also suggested I get the book by called Raising Sheep the Modern Way
by Paula Simmons.  It is out of print and hard to find but she and Carol
Ekarius created an updated version in 2001 which incorporates all the
previous material and is already my Bible - it is Storey's Guide to Raising
Sheep.
Cate