[Jacob-list] Craziest animal on the farm ...

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Sat Sep 28 22:57:25 EDT 2002

Bulldog biteLOL--sounds like the feed merry-go-round at my place.  The goats will try to gobble their grain so they can go out to get to the sheep's grain before it is all gone, while the sheep have been known to leave theirs to go outside and get the scratch I throw on the ground for the guinea fowl  in the barnlot. When I hand out new rawhide chews to the dogs, each one is sure the other got the best chewie, and they go round and round dropping the one they have to grab up the other's.  My "yard turkey" chases my car, because he knows feed comes from the trunk--and any other loose poultry follows him.  I would love to see that parade from outside the car--from inside, it is hilarious.  I am backing out of the driveway, Turkeybird is running fast as he can to catch up, and behind him come a couple banties, a laying hen or two, and any of the ducks that happen to be watching.  They know exactly where the food comes from, too, because if I slow down (usually because I am laughing too hard to keep going) they all run around to the back of the car, bringing me to a complete stop, and stand there staring at the trunk lid.    As far as who is the craziest critter on any farm-- no question about it!  It has to be the farmer!!!!!
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR