[Jacob-list] Fibre Folds

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Thu Sep 26 09:20:47 EDT 2002

The last of the Fibre Folds flock arrived in the South early last
evening, delivered by amazing and delightful Nedra.
One lovely ewe and wether will stay here and then the others will go on
to their respective new homes by later this week-end.  Such a beautiful
group, but no surprises.  They were exactly what I expected thanks to
Nedra's excellent pictures and Katrina's great efforts to post them.

It is always sad for me to hear about a flock dispersal because it means
that someone's life has changed for whatever reason.  I have just
returned from a trip "home" to Iowa to visit my aging and ailing mother,
who is preparing for her own inevitable changes that life brings our
way, so guess I am "tuned in" to that right now.  One day though, each
of us will have to go through this when life dictates that we must slow
down, cut back or sell out.  May we all find good homes for our beloved
sheep when that time comes, because that would indeed be a great comfort
when it does come to that.

Our sheep are VERY muddy and soggy here this morning.  After months and
months of drought and no pasture remaining, we have been deluged with
precipitation from hurricanes over the past several days.  It is a muddy
mess here, and I really think the sheep think they are being punished.
They all ran for cover when the first few raindrops started falling
several days ago....the lambs from this year hardly knew what rain was!
Looks like at least another day of this!

Have a great day all.  Hope Nedra is safely back home by the end of the
day!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm