[Jacob-list] "Intersex" lambs

honeybucket at attbi.com honeybucket at attbi.com
Sat Sep 14 12:46:28 EDT 2002

We also had a similar experience with a "ewe" lamb which
the mother did NOT reject.  We thought we would have a
lovely pair of yearling ewe and ram lambs to show--they
were very nice--but as the fair grew closer, the "ewe"
became more and more suspicious.  Her horns were
beautiful....but not for a ewe!  We kept her until her
death from undiagnosed causes during her second year,
not an unwelcome event since she insisted in challenging
us and seemed very frustrated most of the time.  The vet
said this happens occasionally but rarely with primitive
breeds.

Patty Berke
Flying Coyote Farm
Olympia  WA