Fwd: [Jacob-list] Rabies?

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 13 20:36:12 EDT 2002

Hi,

The years we vaccinated for rabies were the really big years for rabies
in the area.  The vet said that livestock should be vaccinated on a
yearly basis instead of the "this year, next year, and good for 3 years"
basis as the dog and cat vaccines are said to cover for.

One of those winters, we found a dead bat that had run into the side of
our house.  I was very thankful that all our sheep and cats and dogs
were vaccinated around here, as he or one of his buddies could have just
as easily run into one of the sheep as the side of the building.

Rabies is building in the area again and there have been more cases in
the neighboring counties than last year.  I will be talking to the vets
that come in another week or so and ask for their opinions on the
matter.

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209