[Jacob-list] Hunting Jacobs

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 06:41:48 EDT 2002

I wouldn't breed for the purpose, but I can't help but think that shooting,
so long as it's a clean shot, is an appropriate way of getting rid of aged
tups.  The alternative is sending them to the butcher to be turned into some
second rate product or dog food. An ignominious end for a beautiful animal.
Presumably the hunting takes place on an extensive ranch with the animals
running free - he's halfway to heaven already !!   I have heard of it
happening occasionally here in Scotland and I see no problem.  No problem
either with displaying the head as a trophy - infinitely better than a wild
animal, and what an advert for our breed !
Juliet