[Jacob-list] Look at this ad for Jacob Sheep for Hunting

Grose NLGrose at Yadtel.net
Thu Sep 12 22:31:56 EDT 2002

Several years ago, I was in a local bar and noticed a mounted 'big-horned' ram trophy on the wall. Closer inspection reveled that he had had rather nice crimp in the wool on his neck. Hmm.

There is a guy close to here that pays $200 for a 4-horned ram or $100 for a 2-horned ram for use on hunting preserves. They have to have balanced horns.[ I think that being the case, I would cross Jacob onto Rambouillet to get nice horn-set.] This is appalling, yet it does set a base on the price of animals.

There is a hunting preserve near here that caters to hunters that want to come in and blast excess zoo animals. 3 years ago, they had the entire cabinet from Paraguay. They will let you shoot anything that you are willing to pay for. This may well be the origin of the panther that I and several others saw walking across a field in broad daylight about a year ago.

Neal Grose
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: marguerite e vanbeek
  To: jacob-list at jacobsheep.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 12:23 PM
  Subject: [Jacob-list] Look at this ad for Jacob Sheep for Hunting

  Is this an accepted practice with sheep to use them as hunting targets.

  ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK & FOUR HORN JACOB SHEEP
  Prices according to size of rack and body. Also, access to other types of livestock for hunting (deer, coatimundi, foxes, antelope,etc.)
  Phillip Henry
  423-337-0090/836-0544
  henhatch at bellsouth.net   08/05/02

  Found this on internet.