[Jacob-list] Coughing??????

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 17:50:43 EST 2002

I also have a couple sheep with coughs.  One of the possibilities not
mentioned could be OPP.  Mine, though, have tested negative for that
problem 1 and 3 times here (whole flock tests have been negative as well
every testing time, so possibility of that is very very remote here).  I
have wormed with Ivomectin through much of the time I have had the sheep
and specifically when I first noticed this in one of the older ewes
thinking the same thing as some of the other very wise posts...No
improvement in condition was noted.  The particular sheep that do the
coughing are in varying condition scores.  Both are past 10 years of age
easily, look great, keep up with the flock, and basically behave like
very happy sheep.  The vet was apprised of the situation and didn't see
a problem with it either considering what I had done to rule out the
"biggies".

Sometimes I cough and I don't seem to have a cold either (I don't smoke
or get around people who do either---so that would rule out that OBVIOUS
issue).

Mary Ellen Hansson, ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com (336) 854-6209