[Jacob-list] Jacob personalities

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Tue Nov 12 10:24:08 EST 2002

We purchased our first Jacob's this summer and have our beginners flock of
nine. This past season our 22 year old Arab mare coliced and was diagnosed
with melanoma. Being that the flock was relatively new I was unaware of the
bonding that had already taken place. The vet arrived and the usually distant
flock greeted her as she approached our mare. They all stood in a half circle
watching her examine Ember. A few grew closer and one was sent to inspect the
vet and sniff at Embers nose. I'm quite certain there was a conversation
between the two. We were encouraged to walk Ember every two hours. During our
walks, you would see a single file line of these wonderfully spotted horned
animals following directly behind us. It was really breath taking at the
emotion they shared with us. Intelligent, I think so.....
Rise "N" Shine Farm
Cheryl Bresin