[Jacob-list] Temperament

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Wed Nov 6 18:24:23 EST 2002

Hi Barbara,
                   As others have said - pick your sheep carefully, spend
time with them and maintain a calm and confident disposition around them (not
always easy!). I would add - do not take on an over-friendly ram lamb or ram
under any circumstances - go for one that maintains a little distance.
       Interestingly, my show sheep - the ones with "presence" are always the
last to be caught up...in spite of all the handling. My most friendly ewe
will stand motionless and unrestrained in the field while I check her over,
trim her feet etc. Nervous insane ewes in general pass on their temperaments
to their offspring - you'll know one when you meet one!! Enjoy your
Jacobs...don't wait too long...

Trisha M-S
Marmont Jacobs, Montgomeryshire, Wales