[Jacob-list] horn products, etc.

Robin Lynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Tue May 21 02:08:49 EDT 2002

I asked a dumb question earlier about using the horns for buttons. So now I
have horns that I cut off butchered animals. Once you have the horns off the
animal what do you do with them ? Do you let them dry as is and then cut
later? Or is there something to do with them now (besides put them where the
dogs won't find them)?

I am selling lambs to a guy who will butcher them here and give me the
pelts. The skinning job wasn't quite what I expected--there are a few holes
in the pelts and I wonder if that will prevent me from being able to have
them tanned. Are lamb skins harder to remove without holes that those of
older (tougher?) animals.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Road Studio & Jacob Sheep
Vacaville, CA