[Jacob-list] new list member and prospective new owner

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Wed May 8 05:08:14 EDT 2002

Hi,

The type fencing I started with (and am very thankful of that fact) is
cattle panel.  It is 16 foot long.  You can pick it up and move it
single-handedly as a woman.  My husband has been full of promises to
help out with fence moving and changing throughout the years, but it
seems he winds up getting onsite to help out usually about the last 2-3
panels of any job.  Recommendations are t-posts spaced every 5 or so
feet (3 per panel).  I have done well with a post in the middle of the
16 foot section, but if I had outside fence security problems or there
were not so many rocks giving extra support to my t-posts, I would want
the extra.

I also use the cattle panel for my shelters as well---makes excellent
domes!

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com