[Jacob-list] There's more to dominance than size!

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Fri May 3 14:54:03 EDT 2002

Ha. Watching the lambs sort it out...

I have some extremes in the flock this spring: a singleton ewe
who came out at 10# and has about trebled in size now, and a
pair of twins who were born at 10# combined weight. The twins
are doing well, too. They are active and inquisitive, and
have fat tummies, but they remain small.

Envision this little bitty ram lamb facing off with that giant
ewe lamb. They both are in that head-to-head posture, shoulders
down, brows together, ready to go. He stamps his delicate little
foot. She turns away. He shakes his head and goes to find another
challenge.

I watched this little guy face down 3 lambs in a row, ewes and
rams.

Whatever he's got, it's good.

Susan --
--
Susan Nielsen, Shambles Workshops  	Let my biblio go! Read and Release!
Beavercreek, OR, USA    	   	http://layne.BookCrossing.com