[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Mon Mar 25 19:24:02 EST 2002

Regarding gender selection - I have a confession to make.  Ever since
we've had Jacobs and over the course of two rams, we have been besieged
with boys - it's pretty much routine around here that when a ewe lambs
the first thing I do is look between the baby's back legs - and then I
CRY!!!!   SOOOOOO, since the pH is a big deal regarding the vaginal
environment, I decided to try something that Wayne VanValkenburg told me
about some time ago - several wks. prior to breeding and during breeding
this past fall my girls were given water laced with vinegar - they didn't
seem to mind.  Certainly my efforts here are not very scientific......but
the results are in................. we have 6 lambs and 4 are
boys!!!!...........so either I didn't use enough vinegar or that theory
is pretty much an old wives tale.    However, I suppose I could try a
turkey baster and vinegar douches................

(Please, please, I'm just kidding!!!!)

Well,  let me just say that I am getting lots of experience at creative
ways to sell freezer lamb!!!!!!!

Sue Martin
PS:  Anybody out there have a ram for sale with guaranteed female
offspring????!!!!!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.