[Jacob-list] Interesting lamb

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Sun Mar 10 07:01:50 EST 2002

They sure do!  Mine will run along a tier and then jump off one at a time - spending
some time about 5 feet off the ground on their way down.

I don't have any lambs yet this year - probably next week - but some of my ewes are
having in utero lamb races!  Sunshine kinda lumbers around and she's almost being
pulled to one side by her active lamb.  It always amazes me to see a heavily
pregnant ewe laying down, lazily chewing her cud, while her entire belly jumps up
and down as the lambs kick.

Linda

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:09:52 -0800, Paul and Kate Survis wrote:
>Well no little lamb is ugly, but this one is  very different.  I too
>have been enjoying the race of 17 that the lambs set  up around
>sunset...I don't know who starts it, but it only ends when everyone
>is  exhausted. How do they know which direction they will go, or
>when to start? The  other night my son came in from feeding jumping
>and twisting in the air.   "I'm a lamb!" he exclaimed!! He is 14 and
>seldom loses his cool demeanor,  which made this all the more
>delightful.  These babies bring such an  appreciation for life into
>all who see them.

Visit our Jacob flock at:
http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep