[Jacob-list] Jacob meeting AGM

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 17 06:31:19 EDT 2002

Hi everybody,

Those of you who missed the JSBA's AGM this time really missed a great
gathering of people, knowledge disseminated, and a wonderful social
event.  I made it to the public session on Saturday afternoon.  Lots of
food.  Lots of great speakers on Johnes Disease, Scrapie
program---voluntary and mandatory wings, and ALBC.  The inspectors did a
session on card grading and registry and showing which probably also
made the system much more clear to most.  It is always much easier to
discuss what constitutes a split eyelid in one person's mind versus
another's.  There was also a neat session on some of the variations of
raising sheep in the SE which pointed up some of the distinct issues we
face down here in the hot, muggy South.

Thank you Neal and Louise for hosting the program and getting it all set
up.  The facilities were super and could have easily housed quite a few
more people.

My new ram made it home and is happily living with some of my "keeper"
sheep.  He will be getting more friends as the summer wears on.

Edie---My dark girl has spots on lower legs but none on knees or hocks.
No freckling at 1 year.  Let me know if you want more info about her.

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com