[Jacob-list] wether pictures.

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 11:56:54 EDT 2002

I have a gelding in with my sheep. He guards them like
a sheep dog. Gets between them and danger, sniffs and
licks them to make sure that they are okay. Nickers at
them if they wander farther than HE thinks they should
away from him.

My best "picture" was this winter, when they were all
down sleeping. Horse was in middle with sheep all
around him. Wished I could have gotten outside and
gotten a picture w/out disturbing them.

Love these animal interactions! Have fun all at the
AGM this weekend in Raleigh! I'll miss it --
daughter's dance recital day!

Joy

--- DAVID LEFEVER <oberlef at supernet.com> wrote:
> I should add... these two sheep have totally bonded
> with the horse. The
> three are inseparable. They roam free in about 10
> acres and rarely leave
> each other's side. The horse will move between them
> and perceived danger
> (ie the dog) and is very protective. At times we saw
> it trying to get the
> sheep to play with it.
>  We added 4 more when we went down and it was very
> funny to see the social
> interactions (or not).  The groups stayed very
> separate for awhile then the
> new group gave up and they all started hanging out
> with the horse.
> Couldn't quite figure out what to do. entertaining.
> Katrina

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC