[Jacob-list] EEK! Will they RAM the house??

Alan J Kramer remark at vcn.com
Mon Jun 3 23:24:54 EDT 2002

After reading your question, I had to stop and share a story about rams and the
house.  We had sold a young ram to a friend.  At the time, she had no other sheep.
She then got a couple of ewes.  The ram bred one of them and while she enjoyed the
lamb, she decided she didn't want to increase her herd.  So fall time comes and the
ewes are in season.  To separate the ram from the girls, she puts him in the yard.
While she was off to work, the ram climbed the stairs to her deck and saw himself in
the glass sliding doors.  He obviously had quit the duel with his reflections as the
glass was shattered in a million pieces and the door frame was bent.  Having
defeated his foe, the ram took on the new territory of the house.  Needless to say,
when she got home to this scene, her first course of action was to bring the ram
back to me.  What a mess he had made as he checked out each room!!!!  He now resides
in a pen with other rams and behaves himself.  But I will not give him another
opportunity at a glass door!!!!!

Rams do love to ram.  They will also eat flowers and bushes, especially if you are
particularly fond of a specific bush.  I try to keep my sheep where they can only
get to what I want them to have access to.

Mary
Triple Seven Livestock
Evanston, WY