[Jacob-list] garden mulch

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Fri Jul 19 00:04:48 EDT 2002

I skirt very heavily and have been using this around trees and shrubs for
fifteen years or better.  Mary
Ellen is absolutely correct about keeping it out of the garden.  It would
clog a tiller even after the second year.  Interesting that your friend
bought some scrap fleece for mulch.  I started using it because it had no
monetary value.
I am wondering about another use though.  I just ordered an ornamental
fountain for an earthen pond.  The fountain comes with a filter, but I am
thinking that an additional filter may be nice.  Would fleece be too thick?
I am thinking about using fleece as a pre-filter for the fountain.  Any
thoughts?
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle, Yak,
Emu, Wallabies, Patagonian Cavies, Eland, and Fallow Deer all living
together in the Kingdom of Callaway
-list