[Jacob-list] garden mulch

honeybucket at attbi.com honeybucket at attbi.com
Thu Jul 18 23:46:28 EDT 2002

I have been wondering about using the left-over wool as
mulch but the time I tried it (under raspberries), the
plants all died!  I am not sure that was the reason, but
it was the only thing I did.....I've also been concerned
about it not decomposing enough during the season so
when we tilled the next spring, it WOULD all be there to
tangle up in the tiller (both large one behind the
tractor and hand one).  Does it need to be picked up?
It is such a waste to throw it out or burn it like many
of us do!  And it wouldn't leave all the weeds that the
hay/straw mulch does.
We used some to line wire hanging flower baskets this
year--quite lively!  Keep the ideas coming--it seems too
good to waste.  BUt the time I used some to stuff a
small cat pillow, it was too lumpy to enjoy.
I'm going to get around to doing some felting one of
these days and seems some of this would work.
Patty