I'm still here, just busy & question Re: [Jacob-list] Hello Again

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 14:58:12 EDT 2002

 Whenever you get time just let me know the brand name and what it says on the block.Was it the 33lb. block or there about? I was using a Stockade brand sheep and goat protein block from Central Tractor, but they went out of business and were replaced by Tractor Supply, which carries the Ragland brand as does Big Blue.
  J Thomas <shepherdofspots at yahoo.com> wrote: No, I don't believe so. They were a tractor supply
brand. I called and complained and got manufacturer's
name and address to write a complaint letter. I'll dig
it out and send it to you if you're interested.

Joy

--- CARL FOSBRINK wrote:

> Joy,
> Were the blocks you got Ragland brand "special
> sheep and goat mineral blocks with natural protein?
> Carl
> J Thomas wrote: The
> sheep & goat protein blocks were "reformulated".
> When I gave them to my sheep, I noticed that they
> soon
> developed VERY loose stools. Since I have small
> acreage, I figured it was worms. Wormed them. Didn't
> help. Checked for other causes. Cleaned out water
> troughs. About the time I was ready to phone vet,
> they
> finished eating the blocks. Loose stools stopped.
> Several other shepherds in this area had same
> problem
> with the "reformulated" blocks. I did not have the
> one with the orange label (which contained copper).
> It
> had a white label.
>
> My lambs this year were all small (about 5 pounds
> each) and are growing slowly.
>
> It sure was a learning experience for me! (and
> others
> who lost lambs).
>
> I'm considering changing to a different kind to
> supplement feed, but am a bit leary.
>
> Joy
>

> =====
> Joy Thomas, Shepherd
> Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
> Home of The Fleece Flock
> Jacob, Shetland & Border Leicester Sheep
> Website: www.shepherdofspots.com
> E-Mail: joy at shepherdofspots.com

> New! SBC Yahoo! Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited
access

=====
E-Mail: joy at shepherdofspots.com