[Jacob-list] primitive

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Sun Jan 6 14:30:48 EST 2002

Yes, of course, Katrina, physical characteristics are only one facet of primitive, and actually, the least important to me, but still, it would be sort of interesting to see visually what people see as primitive, as a start.

I had a 10 year old ewe once, who on being approached by my new shearer, jumped right over his head, the top of which is at least 6'.  From a dead stand still, yet.  Makes fencing interesting at times, mostly when they are scared, but probably gives them a better chance in a fight with a coyote if they would run and jump, instead of facing and attacking...another interesting primitive trait.  And that one, I had right here: romneys ran (isn't this what sheep should do?), shetlands stood their ground and waited, jacobs lowered horns and attacked, girls all.  Liberated women, huh?