[Jacob-list] spring days.

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Mon Feb 25 16:39:16 EST 2002

I had a free day today and spent most of it outside doing garden/yard work, admiring a few bulbs blooming, pruning roses and getting ready to plant lettuces.  While I was working I noticed the long yard grass as well as the very short pasture grass and decided to let the mom and lambs out to munch while I worked.  Since not much is really up, I figured they couldn't do too much damage.  Well, long story short both the lambs and I had a very pleasant afternoon.  They trotted here and there...lambs playing and moms worrying/munching as fast as they could.

Cathy, your Annie will not take anything from our dog Jude.  Annie tore into Jude several times when Jude came too close to her lambs.  Go Annie!  She is such a tough old girl.  Another of our younger ewes was cracking me up as she worried about all the fun her lambs were having.  The lamb group (13 total now) was all running around in a tight group playing "king of the Mountain" or "follow the leader" or whatever sheep call it...with Darva running on behind yelling wildly, totally upset that her lambs had abandoned her for their playmates.  Worked out pretty well except for a few sheep berries now littered around the yard.  But who needs lawn fertilizer??? *smile*  That was some good therapy for the day.
Katrina Lefever, Chicory Lane
http://wwwfac.wmdc.edu/HTMLpages/Graduate/TI/pages/lefever/sale.htm