[Jacob-list] Lambing Time & Blue Eye Question

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 16:45:08 EST 2002

What an incredible couple of weeks I've had. We've
started lambing here in NC.  We've had one single
(first time mother) and a set of twins born this
morning! If I wasn't hooked on Jacob sheep before, I
certainly am now!!

Am already thinking about next year's breeding season.
Can anyone explain to me (simply) about blue-eyed
Jacob genetics?  I'm fascinated with the idea of
blue-eyed Jacobs and wondering what I need to look for
in a ram to produce blue-eyed offspring. Are there
articles somewhere in archives I can access?

Since I farm on small acreage, I will be getting a new
ram for next year's breeding. Since I don't have room
for two rams, this year's ram (4 horn) is for sale.  I
will be travelling to the Maryland Festival the first
weekend in May and possibly joining (or having sheep
join) Kate Shirley's Florida run.  Please e-mail me
privately if you're interested.  Not sure yet about
ewes or lambs for sale. Will make those decisions
after lambing is completed this year.

Joy Thomas

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm