[Jacob-list] starving (no longer) ewe

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Tue Feb 19 19:21:08 EST 2002

A quick update on the yearling who hurt her mouth...guess superglue won't be needed.  While our vet was here to do some testing, we had her look at the yearling whose mouth had pretty much healed, but was still dripping cud.  She noticed that it was not the upper lip that was the problem but where the lips come together had been slit back an inch or so. I had not considered that possibility before, but it is as clear as day now that I compare sides.  Sounds now more like she caught it on something rather than got hit. (guess the ram's out of the dog house.) We snipped away dirty wool, freshened the wound and sewed the lips back together up to where we thought was a normal end to a sheep mouth.  Weldy's smile is not quite as big, but looks a lot more functional.  I understand why Vet's usually like their jobs.  So many mysteries to solve.
Katrina Lefever