[Jacob-list] Barn time

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Fri Dec 27 12:21:47 EST 2002

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 stonecroft235 at juno.com wrote:

> Isn't the  barn an inviting place during
> a snowstorm - the warmth of the animals, the cat curled in the fragrant
> hay, the animal smells, the crunching of cuds being chewed, the
> occasional smell of a sheep burp -- ahh, a calm, quiet place where
> everyone is warm & dry and contented - how blissful!!  Too bad most of
> the world never experiences the calm serenity of a quiet barn.

I love this. It's the same in a big rainstorm, too.  The barn (or, in
my case, the shed) is fragrant with all the animal smells sweet and
pungent; the combination is somehow soothing. The sounds are calming.
The jostling of sheep against the knees is good.

Summer on the farm is carefree, but there is something, as you say,
blissful about the winter.

Happy Season to us all.

Susan
--
Susan Layne Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      	|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.