[Jacob-list] Re: chicken choices

Heather Fogel heatherf at hutchtel.net
Mon Dec 9 10:25:01 EST 2002

Hi all,

We have had chickens for two years now, and this year have some roosters.
Our Bantam rooster is the loudest guy in the barn.  He was crowing sooner,
louder and more frequently than the others.  We named him Napolean, and it
is really fitting.  We started off with Barred Rock hens the first year.  I
prefer those ladies to my buff orpingtons, I bought this year.  The Buffs
don't seem to be laying as well.

Heather Fogel
Little Shady Acres
Stewart MN