[Jacob-list] Winter Tales

perfectspot perfectspot at blueridge.net
Thu Dec 5 19:04:03 EST 2002

Gary's mention of free-range chickens was all I needed to tell a
story about our sheep and chickens as the snow and sleet fell from
the heavens yesterday.

My husband went to feed the sheep earlier than normal yesterday
afternoon, due to the quickly accumulating snow and sleet.  Our
chickens also roam freely, and most were perplexed at the cold wet
stuff building up on the ground and did NOT like it.  As my husband
entered the area with the sheep, he noticed that one of the spring
ram lambs was standing in the snow with a chicken standing on his
back!  Before it was over the chicken had moved and was tentatively
balanced on his head....but the young ram did not seem to mind and
seemed more than happy to oblige his friend!

Wish I had been there WITH the camera for that one!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm, NC