[Jacob-list] Grass Seed

Mary Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sat Aug 24 19:30:26 EDT 2002

Hi all,

If you want to see the beautiful fall colors, you have come too late to
the Piedmont of NC......half the trees have already colored and dropped
their leaves here....There is one ray of sunshine in the midst of this
drought.  I have noticed several of the gum trees have died!  Ya HOOO!

Needless to say, the little green that we have had is gone.  The rain
splits out before it gets to our place.....goes around us and then
reforms.

I also went out and checked out lambs closely today.  There were several
with pretty white gums.  I figured I better go ahead and worm them.
Seems like the worst time for trouble with these sheep seems to be in
the spring when it starts to get hot (April and May) and then if we have
a prolonged period of days over 95.  Maybe 3 or 4 of the lambs had
pinkness to their gums.

Cool information on the grasses.  I want to check out the Premier seed
as well as some of the perennial rye.  The perennial rye is difficult to
locate around this area---annual rye is abundant!

Mary Ellen Hansson
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters
Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies
www.iseespots.com