[Jacob-list] Grass Seed

Dave & Katrina oberlef at supernet.com
Sat Aug 24 11:55:25 EDT 2002

I agree, Sue, there is a huge difference in grasses.  The fescue and
Orchard in the back is still nice and high where the sheep have been too
lazy to get to.  They are having to slowly venture farther out. The other
nice thing about those grasses is that they actually grow better if grazed
down hard in the fall. They grow in huge clumps in our pasture and never
are really eaten to the ground. Most grasses take a long time to come up in
the spring if you do that. P.L. Rhohrers in Lanc sell some great mixes or
separately so you can mix them yourself. Not sure if they have a website or
not, but they probably bring it in from Premier anyway.
Funny, in one pasture Dave made one swath with the orchard/fescue mix
before he ran out. He finished up the pasture with another mix...you should
see the difference! I will have to ask him what was in that mix. Kind of a
pain to graze it since they grow at different rates.
Huge thunder storm last night.  I thought it hit something just outside our
window.  YOu can literally see the yard greening up.  yeah.  Katrina