[Jacob-list] Where in the world is that one and only perfect ram????

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Thu Aug 22 10:49:11 EDT 2002

We gave the sheep groups their own round bales of hay last night.  It is
amazing what they can do to one in about 12 hours!

I couldn't find the 4 horn ram lamb this morning...all the other boys
were present and accounted for.  I started to get a little panicky
because I found the inner gate unlocked (good thing no one told the
escape-artist Pyr that dwells within!).  I thought I had viewed every
angle of the area and he definitely wasn't with the others.  My thoughts
were running along the lines of  "did he get out", "did someone come and
take him"...then looked at the big round bale and thought....maybe he is
UNDER some of that hay.

There on the back side of the bale he stood, as close to it as he could
get, with hay literally coming down on top of him, just eating away.
What I saw was ONE very silly looking boy.....hay as his crown (lots of
it!), encircling his head and held in place by his horns!

As he trotted off I asked him if anyone would think he looked like a
perfect ram if they could only see him....of course the camera was in the
house and he soon shook it off!  Would have loved to share that picture!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm