[Jacob-list] Where in the world is that one and only perfect ram????

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Tue Aug 20 18:54:46 EDT 2002

Haven't heard from the list in quite a while - so decided to post my
present perplexing problem.
I am looking for the "perfect" Jacob ram - preferably with 4 horns, black
horns and hooves (no striping), ABSOLUTELY no freckling,  3 great face
patches, white legs, great fleece with no quilting but within the
parameters of JSBA standards, larger percentage of white than black in
color, great temperament, OPP free, healthy and hardy from a long line of
great mothers -- did I miss anything??  I am not looking for any specific
ancestry, although there are lines that are favorites of mine.    Oh yes,
he should be located within 5-6  driving hours of southeast PA -
Lancaster County to be specific (unless, of course, you want to deliver
him!)

OK, OK, you can stop laughing -- I know that looking for a perfect ram is
like searching for the Holy Grail, and certainly this request reflects my
personal opinion of what perfect is -- BUT, if you have anything even
remotely close, please e-mail me off list.   (If he was great in every
other way, I would consider a 2 horn.)

Thanks.  (The ewes out in the pasture say thank you too -- although,
frankly, they don't give a hoot what he looks like!!!)

Sue Martin
Stonecroft
stonecroft235 at juno.com