[Jacob-list] Out of season lamb?

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 23:16:59 EDT 2002

Wow! that is neat! Congrats Neal! A new lamb! I am
getting excited because it's cooler here and my ram is
beginning to show breeding signs and my ewes are
starting to cycle.

If "behaviors" I observed the other day are correct,
I'll have lambs here in early January! I'm praying for
a mild (and a bit wet please, cause we're still in a
drought) winter.

This will be much earlier than past years. This year's
lambs were born between Feb. 15 and March 3.

Interesting how the weather and temperature
fluctuations affect our flocks.

So very much to learn!

Joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Shepherd & Fiber Artist
Son-Rise Farm, Creedmoor NC
Home of The Fleece Flock
Jacob, Shetland & Border Leicester Sheep
Website:   www.shepherdofspots.com
E-Mail:    joy at shepherdofspots.com