[Jacob-list] Docking and MD Sheep and Wool Festival Question

Thomas Simmons creaganlios at prexar.com
Fri Apr 26 18:40:58 EDT 2002

Since Sheep are born with tails, I start with the premise that tails belong
there, and I needto be convinced otherwise if I am to dock.  I have heard
other shepherds say they dock because (a) it keeps the poop from getting the
tail and hindquarters all messed up, and (b) it makes it easier for the rams
to breed.

Well, I have to tell you, most of my Jacobs hacve all of their tails, and we
have never had a poop problem, and the rams seem to know very well how to
handle tails. So, no docking here.

thom
creaganlios farm
westmoreland nh