[Jacob-list] Quilted fleece

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Mon Apr 8 13:26:45 EDT 2002

Hi all,
       Really enjoying the discussion of freckling etc also fleece types. The
dark spots on the skin whatever their origin and even on older sheep are a
real no no in the show ring here with some judges. It has become really silly
and needs to be better understood.
    Can someone explain how I have ended up with twin boys born Saturday who
are virtually striped all the black running into long strips rather than
spots, with tight white lustrous curls and longish straight black wool -
quilted I believe!! Could almost believe there is zebra in their genes.