[Jacob-list] Freckling, Ticking, Mottling

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 6 15:04:58 EST 2002

The freckling/ticking/mottling issue is certainly one that is not
clearly defined---nor well understood.  Those definitions don't match
what I see on a personal basis in sheep that have been exposed to
sunburn/strong sun for several months and develop spots to a higher
degree than the sheep kept in shady conditions on the same farms.  I
think there needs to be some actual looking at sheep from around the
country before definitions can be actually counted on for more than a
"good theory".  :o)  We do have to start somewhere, though!

Mary Ellen Hansson

ISeeSpots Farm

Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters

Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies

www.iseespots.com