[Jacob-list] NEWBORN LAMBS

Mary E Hansson iseespots at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 2 19:24:32 EST 2002

Carl,

Purely my spinner's prejudice coming out, but the lambs born with those
tight curls with NO longer straggly hairs coming out are the nice ones.
When I refer to lambs with CRAPPY FLEECES, they are the ones that most
breeders see so commonly in their flocks----with lots of hairs coming up
through the fleece, or a hair coat at birth.  The hair coats that I have
seen at birth are sometimes equated to more primitive lines.  I don't
even buy that completely----as in all theories, there are some bits of
truth and some bits of wishful thinking probably.  ANYWAY.......I like
those tight curls and don't see them often enough.

Mary Ellen Hansson

ISeeSpots Farm

Jacob Sheep:  Those horny, fuzzy critters

Shop:  Knitting, crochet, spinning supplies

www.iseespots.com