[Jacob-list] NEWBORN LAMBS

CARL FOSBRINK carlfosbrink at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 10:11:11 EST 2002

      HELLO EVERYONE,

                      Well my lambing is over. Had 15 ewes lamb in 12 days. The new lambs all have one of two kinds of coat. One is a tight curl and the other is a long wavy hair. Sometimes in a set of twins one lamb will have the one type and the other lamb the other type. I suspect the tiight curl will be crimpy wool at maturity and the long wavy hair will be a straighter courser wool with a more definite black and white spotting, but I would like to hear the opinions of those listers who are more into wool.

                                                                                                  Thanks,

                                                                                                    Carl