[Jacob-list] Ivomec pour on labled for cattle?

Abigail Brown blotham at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 15 21:06:32 EDT 2001

Gary and All,

We have been getting a powder wormer from our vet in
the past for our sheep. This year I requested from him
another form or wormer, since I didn't feel that the
sheep ate all the powder with their grain, and with 5
lambs and 3 adult ewes, it would be hard to keep
everyone in their own pans.

He gave us a topical wormer for cattle:
Cydectin-moxidectin  pour-on for Cattle
Antiparasitic, for the treatment of infections and
infestations due to internal and external parasites of
cattle.  Made by Fort Dodge
The back of the box gives a long list of round worms,
lungworms, grubs, mites, lice and horn flies.

He gave us the remains of what was in a 1 liter bottle
for $6, with the instructions of 1cc per 20lbs.

It was easy to apply, using a disposible syringe and
the needle we got from an ink refill kit, seperating
the fleece and applying between the shoulder blades.

Abigail Brown
Shiloh Farms
Petersburg, IN