[Jacob-list] Meadow

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 19:03:49 EDT 2001

If I remember correctly, endophytes can cause problems
with abortion in ewes. It can also cause the sack
containing the lamb to be too thick to break
appropriately during birth causing suffocation of the
lamb. This can also affect horses. I'm not sure about
cows.

If someone else has more info, I'd appreciate it, too!
We have some seeding to do, as well.

joy
--- stonecroft235 at juno.com wrote:
> We will be seeding some meadow areas this Fall - and
> I remember reading
> that endophyte-free grass seed is the best......but
> I don't remember why
> (a senior moment)!!    I'm not looking for a
> technical, scientific
> explanation;, just easy-speak -  would appreciate
> any information
> regarding why endophyte-free fescue is the best for
> my part of the
> country (southeast PA).   Is a mix of fescue,
> timothy and orchardgrass
> good?
>
> Sue Martin
> Stonecroft