[Jacob-list] Sensetivity

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 27 11:02:59 EDT 2001

I was talking to the girl at the butcher about cutting my lamb, and she said "Remind me, what are these 4-horned sheep called?". I told her "Jacob Sheep". Silence. "You know, like Jacob had white sheep with black spots...and how he........" (suddenly shut up, remembering I was talking to an Amish girl). Anyway, much as I see that (Jacob, and the spotted sheep story) as the only connection to religion that this list has, or is expected to have,  I'm all for community stuff on any list, helps people get to know each other. No, we're not all Christian, but here's a funny thing. Positive morals, like not discriminating, offering a welcoming hand, etc are not exclusive to Christians. In fact my more rather unpleasant experiences of Christians was of very discrimatory, prejudiced people who never lent a hand for anyone. I realize they are a minority. But while we're discussing OT things like offensive religious remarks, (and no, I'm not Jewish either), I just went off on a tangent there myself............

Melanie, a Pagan, in the Starhawk sense of the word, and very moral, thank you:)