[Jacob-list] SCRAPIE program and SAFF

Mary Hansson iseespots1nc at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 25 08:38:29 EDT 2001

Hi all,

If anybody is planning to attend the SAFF this weekend, stop by my booth and
say "hi".

Our Scrapie fed. vet is shipping me brochures regarding the rules regarding
ALL SHEEP in this country and their owners/breeders.  Pick up that
information at either my booth or Elaina Kenyon's (I think she will have
information and be working with Cathy Robinson) this weekend.

If you aren't coming, Fred had great information in the last JSC Journal for
those of you that are members of that organization.  You can also gather
information on the web and from your state USDA vets.  Rules are changing,
starting 1/1/2002 from what I understand.

Just a reminder for those of you coming to look at animals at the
Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair------------It is the ONLY fiber event that I
am aware of in this country that has eliminated ALL animals with the
exception of angora rabbits!  Please don't come planning to look at
breeder's stock.  I think they were talking about breeders having tables set
up to talk about their farms.  Does anybody know of ANYONE that is doing
that in the Jacob world?

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep