[Jacob-list] Breeding software

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Tue Oct 23 07:51:54 EDT 2001

I recently tried out as many breeding software programs as I could download
from the internet.  All I was really looking for was a program that would do
pedigrees, but I found a great program that, so far as I can tell, does it all.
Once you get your database set up, pedigrees are a one-click operation.
Pedigrees can be saved as HTML and then very simply uploaded to your webpage.
All the pedigrees on my sale page

www.patchworkfibers.com/ewes.htmlhttp://www.patchworkfibers.com/ewes.html

were done with Breeder's Assistant.  Pedigrees show inbreeding coefficients if
you want. There are records for health, accounting, contacts, etc.  You can
also get a genetics add-on that does genetic predictions and points out genetic
inconsistencies.  I didn't get that yet, as I'm being cheap this week!, but it
looks fascinating.
All the forms are totally customizable, which I think is great.  There are 3
user defined fields so it's easy to add Jacob specific traits, such as horns.
The information is at:

http://www.breedersassistant.com/ba/http://www.breedersassistant.com/ba/

Linda
Visit our flock of Jacob Sheep www.patchworkfibers.comwww.patchworkfibers.com