[Jacob-list] alfalfa in the SE

Elaina Kenyon avillionfarm at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 17:33:32 EST 2001

A question was asked about price of alfalfa hay in the SE.  The lowest price
I've ever seen here (Raleigh area, NC) was $6.50 per bale; bales were around
60 lbs.  I've seen it as high as $16 per bale for the same size.  Bear in
mind that this is from the feedstore and thus likely be more expensive than
direct from a producer.  I don't know about round bales.  All round bales
obtainable in this area are fescue, orchard grass or coastal bermuda grass.
It is much more efficient here, both costwise and laborwise to feed round
bales.

Elaina Kenyon
Avillion Farm
Apex, NC