[Jacob-list] Fw: Grain'-n-grazin'

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Wed Nov 21 15:55:55 EST 2001

Neal,

Does the term "energy value" refer to the nutritional value or the economic value of
the alfalfa?  I have read that southern grown alfalfa has less nutritional value,
but I read (misread?) your meaning as the cost of alfalfa in the south is out of
proportion to its feed value.

Linda

>Grose wrote:    ----- Original Message ----- From: Grose
>If top quality alfalfa hay is priced according to soybean meal and>corn, the cost
is twice its value as a feedstuff. Here in the South,>alfalfa has significantly less
energy value than it does in the>North.