[Jacob-list] Grass vs. Grain

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Tue Nov 20 20:04:37 EST 2001

There is a Georgia Dept of Ag handout that recommends a 50/50 mix of alfalfa/whole
corn for raising freezer lambs.  We don't have alot of pasture at this place, so
save the grass for the ewes.  Freezer lambs get grass hay and the alfalfa/corn mix.
Our butcher has commented on the quality of our lamb carcasses.

Linda
PS, Mary - I finished the Spahr Farm Lorraine sweater this week, after having put it
on hold for the summer.  Soft and wonderful!