[Jacob-list] Re;Polio in sheep

Grose NLGrose at Yadtel.net
Tue Nov 6 17:21:10 EST 2001

Polio in sheep,calves, and especially goats is a vitamin B deficiency, often brought on by dehydration. I don't know how helpful this is. I have never seen it in our sheep, even after doing without water for a week in the winter. The water line runs on top of the ground to the water trough. I have seen sheep walk up to the warm water that I had carried by hand out to them after a week  when it did not get above 32, say "hmmm look at that!", turn around and walk off.

Neal Grose in the dry balmy south