[Jacob-list] PRIMITIVE TRAITS

Dr. David R. Lincicome wheaten at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jun 29 18:12:33 EDT 2001

1752 hrs/Friday 29 June 2001

Dear Ms. Bennett,

The moral of your story is simple:  Jacobs should not be shown and judged
according to today's standards in the show ring.  I have set down my thoughts on
this and probably in the next issue of the Journal of the Jacob Sheep
Conservancy you may find my paper on this.

If we are to preserve and conserve the 'primitive' Jacob in this country then we
must not subject the breed to the whims, prejudices, aesthetic sense of
commercial judges in the competitive show ring.

David Richard Lincicome, Ph.D.,PAS, DACAP