[Jacob-list] That sound the sheep make

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 29 10:18:20 EDT 2001

So, what does this mean? (laughing) Is that the scientific way of saying
they have different calls for different problems? I can differentiate
the "where are you?" and the "we're over here" calls. The "I tried to
drink the rams' water and got my head stuck in the fence, again" call is
more urgent. And I just spent a weekend at show listening to the "I miss
my mom" whine. Is "lowing" the "humming" sound some individuals make at
me when they want something ( mmm, mmm, it sort of sounds like a
question)? I've never noticed them making that sound to each other.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre