first aid..Re: [Jacob-list] Trimming horns

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 09:49:49 EDT 2001

Fred - Thanks for your excellent description of horn
trimming concerns.

Have a couple of questions.

What's a spider web? Is it a kind of gauze bandage?

Do horns grow at a "set" rate (like horse hooves), or
does it depend on the individual sheep and their diet?

First aid tip -- I've also used women's feminine care
products and duct tape with my horses to stem bleeding
from cuts. They are individually wrapped, can be
stored in a first aid box and are absorbant.  Don't
know if this would be something to help with horn
bleeding, too.

joy

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm